Monday 23 January 2012

"People I've Never Met & Conversations I've Never Had"

"People I've Never Met & Conversations I've Never Had" by Nick White is a illustrative book that has a collective collages and drawings of various conversations. I wanted to see if there was any illustrators who have made any 2d work based on narratives of people's dialogue. I came across this book which has lovely print and mark making, use of collage but some of it seems very niave drawing, a bit too much for me maybe. I looked at what sort of conversations that were used and it's a bit tedious how some of them seem really stupid and made up if it were. I'd like to think that they weren't as i think that would lose the books charm. But some of the conversations seem a bit far fetched or a complete idiot is talking.

Here are some examples that i think are the most strongest in the book.


I like the idea of using collage to make a Fair Isle look with the top, with the few portraits of various people i think are effective, but some of the dialogue just makes it weird. 


This is the one conversation that i could tolerate for being actually real, some of them were literally stupid. Can't enthasize that even more. 


What caught my eye on this is how Nick White has written like a child does, which i like as i have in previous work i have done written like this as i find it interesting and amusing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment